This privacy notice describes the privacy practices for betterlegalinfo.ca. This privacy notice applies to information collected by this website. It explains:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information collection and use
People’s Law School and its collaborators collect personally identifiable information through this website in one section only, the best practices self-assessment. This self-assessment is designed to assess whether you are eligible to use the Quality Mark™ on your information. We may use your information to contact you about your use of the Quality Mark. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization or those of our collaborators. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about new offerings or changes to this privacy notice.
Your access to and control over information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at People’s Law School:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change or correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Security measures we take
We take precautions to protect any information submitted to us at People’s Law School. When you submit any information through this website or one of the other sites we operate, the information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, responding to questions) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this privacy notice, you should contact us immediately via telephone at 604-331-5400 or via email.